jueves, 29 de diciembre de 2011

ode to hands


-
I broke off the bough of love
i buried it in the earth
and look
my garden has blossomed

one cannot kill love
if you bury it in the earth
it grows back
if you toss it into the air
it grows leaf-like wings
dropped into the water

it flashes with gills
immersed in the night
it shines

so I wanted to bury it in my heart
but my heart was home to my love
my heart opened its heart's door
and it rang out with song from wall to wall
my heart danced on my fingertips

so I buried my love in my head
and people asked
why my head has blossomed
why my eyes shine star-like
and why my lips are brighter than the dawn

I wanted to tear this love to pieces
but it was supple it entangled my hands
and my hands are bound with love
people ask whose prisoner I am

Halina Poswiatowska


7 comentarios:

  1. WOW! Escalofríos hasta en el extremo de la espina... el final es... pero bien es cierto que uno no puede enterrar o matar el amor, sigue o se va cuando tiene que hacerlo...
    Gracias Etcétera!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. La hiedra que crece, enredadera de sueños. Cautivador poema de Halina Poswiatowska, un deleite para los sentidos (incluido las fotografías)!

    ResponderEliminar
  3. los hay que nos vamos dejando el corazón por todos lados y el día que deseamos rebrotarlo apenas lo encontraremos. Delicado y bello poema, como la foto...

    abrazo escarchado etcétera

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Gracias,Aka.La foto es de Lou Bernstein.Te abrazo!

    ResponderEliminar